I'm sharing with you a recent post by Chuck Lawless on Christian leadership. Dr. Lawless provided nine introspective questions to determine if one is truly a Christian leader.
Some highlights include:
- Does who you are in private match who you are in public?
- We are often uncomfortable changing the status quo because sometimes the status quo provides our paycheck.
- Great leaders are always looking beyond the present and to the future.
- Great leaders are always trying to develop those whom they lead.
- Positional authority is not always the same thing as real leadership.
- If you see people as God sees them, you will invest time in them.
The nine questions you can ask yourself to determine whether or not you are a leader are:
- If others knew my life intimately, would they want to follow me?
- Am I uncomfortable with the status quo?
- Do I have a picture of a bright future?
- Do I see people as God’s gift or as a means to an end?
- Is anyone following me?
- Am I investing in anyone personally?
- If I leave, will the ministry carry on well?
- Am I continuing to learn?
- Am I accountable to somebody for my godliness?